Wish me luck guys.

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
If I don't see /talk to ya again. It's been fun. Liquor cabinet is full, Cans of eats stored, Acoustic Guitars Tuned. If Im going out Im going out fat, drunk, and happy!
Cya on the other side of this.

hurricane.PNG

OP
NetRngr

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
Shits like a lazy fat girlfriend. Just kind of waddling around, changing direction and being all slow but still has the potential to eat a lot. Broke down and bought a generator so food in the fridge is good, beer is cold, liquor cab is full so bring you worst ya fat ass, slow movin ho.

Never fails.. you get all ready for a gal to come visit and she goes elsewhere.. We had a new generator, food, gas, water, batteries, and more and we only got a little rain and winds < 35 here in Durham. The poor folks down east got hit hard though.

Glad I don't have a boat docked close to New Bern anymore... 11 foot wind tides would have been hell on the dock lines.. might have even floated some of the boats in the dockyard.

OP
NetRngr

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
Well I have seen worse but yeah she must have heard me cause she made a beeline to me hahaha. Lost power Friday about 3:30 PM Genny was up and running at 3:35PM. I refused to plug my TV/Cable Modem, Guitars etc into a generator so it was a boring day. Awesome power companies had my power back on by 4:00 PM the next day. Could have been a LOT worse. By the time the eye wall skirted me it was a depression and just dumped an ass load of rain on me. All in all came out well with only a piece of a tree down in my backyard. Lightning had hit the tree years ago and killed it so it was on its way out anyway. Now I dont have to pat a tree service to remove it!
Only bad side so far was my father in law passed away Friday night, not related to the hurricane, but he had been on a downslide recently and it was expected enough that he had planned everything so at least the bride and her siblings did not need to do much.
All that should be wrapped up by Thursday and we should be back to semi normal by Fri. He was my wifes last parent so shes taken it hard but nothing we cant deal with. As I said it was expected. Thanks for keeping us in you thoughts guys. One of the things that sucks about getting older.

Top Bottom