Leaks reveal cloud-based 'Verizon Gaming' service

RogueSteward

TAC Member
It could be argued that most games are "cloud-based". There are just so many definitions and so many different levels about how much computing should take place in the cloud. What I've leaned about cloud-based computing done right, a rather significant chunk of processing takes place on the end-point local computer systems. If done right, display lag should not change as those types of processing tasks should still be performed locally. Of course, video game developers are notorious for F'king things up.

Axlerod

TAC Moderator
Think processing power of a cell phone.
This is something all the game publishers are looking more and more into. No consoles or PC. Game straight from your cell. Use a mouse and keyboard or a controller.

Now, think about quality of games and the downward spiral

RogueSteward

TAC Member
Think processing power of a cell phone.
This is something all the game publishers are looking more and more into. No consoles or PC. Game straight from your cell. Use a mouse and keyboard or a controller.

Now, think about quality of games and the downward spiral
If a developer is planning using the processing power of a cell phone as their platform, I will not be buying it! Nuff said! If minimum specs are 980 GTX, 16GB RAM, i7 processor, now we are talking. Cloud based can cover that whole range.

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
They are aiming for the mass market just like they have been with consoles over PCs. Face it just about every brain dead twit on the planet has a smart phone and cant keep their eyes off it. this is what they want to tap into. Dont expect anything great to be on the platform but they have made PUBG and Fortnite pretty damned playable on those platforms so who knows.

Top Bottom