Former DICE Employee Hints Battlefield 2018 To Be Set During WWII

Axlerod

TAC Member
https://www.gamepur.com/news/28413-battlefield-2018-wwii-setting-leaked.html

By Sehran Shaikh

There have been rumors all over the internet regarding the upcoming Battlefield game, as the game will be releasing this year. EA has recently also confirmed that the game (Battlefield 2018) will be releasing in October 2018 and will be set during the WW2. And there is more evidence that the game is set during that period as an artist who was a former DICE employee has shared some information.

Peter Olofsson Hermanrud, the former DICE employee, now at Bungie, had posted his portfolio on ArtStation, which showcased a lot of his artworks and designs. And among those weapon designs, he had uploaded was a weapon named PPS-41. This weapon was nowhere to be seen in Battlefield 1, and neither has to be during WW1. However, this weapon was used during the WW2.

This information is solid and provides somewhat evidence that the upcoming Battlefield game is set during WW2 and might be a direct sequel to 2016's Battlefield 1. There has been no official announcement yet for EA, but an announcement is expected soon. Check out the artwork of PPS-41 below (as shared by Peter Olofsson).

NetRngr

TAC Member
I hope the game is more BF4 like than BF1 like. I am encouraged by the addition of mounts on the side and under barrel of the second image. The whole variant thing just put me off as someone who enjoyed the customization of BF4. Im not one of those try hard types. I rather enjoyed coming up with combos that fit a specific condition and working my way into that scenario. Case and point Shanghai map, Point E, Ledge on the building overlooking E, FYJSwith a silencer and a 3x scope. 20 plus kills as a norm.
The weapon is arguably a pretty shitty combo as far as snipers go but damn if I couldn't make it do work.

Axlerod

TAC Member
Well with the rumors and previous history, I will be blunt. I don't give a fu*k.
Rumor is no server browser, no join on friends. If you do find friends at the end of the round, you can be playing in separate servers. Plus they are saying no rental servers.
So yeah, until I hear otherwise, fu*k EA.

Axlerod

TAC Member
That is the rumor from the dark web. (mind you, my info is usually pretty reliable)

DICE and EA are doing a skin job of SWBF2 for BF2018. Remember, EA and DICE came out thanks to your post on REDDIT that they did not want rental servers. Then as the game was scheduled to launch, due to complaints, DICE did a rush job and called it RSP.

I would start with the CEO and CFO of EA. DICE empoyees are scared of losing theirs jobs right now especially with DISNEY looking for another company to make star wars games. EA hold exclusivity in to the STAR WARS verse in video games. So if Disney is looking elsewhere, you know what that means and what is coming next for EA. Many employees have left in the last 2 years and no one is wanting to go work for them. Hence 70 job openings currently.