Cross Play Getting Closer... maybe?

RabidRebel

TAC Moderator
It looks like cross play between platforms is edging ever closer with recent news that Microsoft and Nintendo are teaming up for cross play on Minecraft. They will be joining mobile and PC players in cross playing on that game. They even took the opportunity to troll Sony with cooperative advertising in the wake of Sony locking out Fortnite accounts to just their platform.

Maybe this is a hopeful glimmer of a future where multiplayer isn't locked behind platforms. I doubt we'll see true competitive pvp between platforms any time soon, but I do look forward to curb stomping controller kiddies with a mouse and keyboard.

Source Article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/06/12/fortnite-on-nintendo-switch-can-cross-play-with-xbox-one-ios-and-pc-just-not-ps4/

Rigormortis

TAC Member
This has been a pipe dream for a long time.

I remember an FPS game called Shadowrun(2007) made by Microsoft and designed for multiplayer with PC and Xbox players. It was an interesting idea and I almost bought it but before I could Microsoft stopped the cross platform multiplayer because the console monkeys complained about inequities between PC players and console players, I'm sure you can guess who was kicking ass and chewing bubble gum.... Bottom line it isn't fair for console players at least for FPS games.

NetRngr

TAC Moderator
It looks like cross play between platforms is edging ever closer with recent news that Microsoft and Nintendo are teaming up for cross play on Minecraft. They will be joining mobile and PC players in cross playing on that game. They even took the opportunity to troll Sony with cooperative advertising in the wake of Sony locking out Fortnite accounts to just their platform.

Maybe this is a hopeful glimmer of a future where multiplayer isn't locked behind platforms. I doubt we'll see true competitive pvp between platforms any time soon, but I do look forward to curb stomping controller kiddies with a mouse and keyboard.

Source Article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2018/06/12/fortnite-on-nintendo-switch-can-cross-play-with-xbox-one-ios-and-pc-just-not-ps4/
As long as they have aim assist enabled I will avoid them like the plague. I'm all for cross platform gaming but not when it includes AimBot Lite™.

Axlerod

TAC Moderator
This very debate is all over the web. Games must remove the controller aim assist feature. To many exploits there.

Top Bottom