C4 Drones

RabidRebel

TAC Moderator
Saw this is in the Ubisoft forums... original post by DesertDog.

Apparently, you can stick things to drones, like C4, and mail delivery the payload to someone's face. Not usually a problem for us, since we shoot most drones down, but something to watch. Scout drones move pretty fast and you won't see a noisemaker drone. We may need to test this in a custom match with obvious analogues too. Like, can you do it with proximity mines and trapper stun shots.

Not advocating we use this in game against live opponents, but knowing the patch cycle, I bet it doesn't get addressed in the July patch. I'm going to rage if I get C4ed in a bush by a noisemaker...

Gator

TAC Founder
That sounds like fun ...lets try it. Especially if someone is in the warehouse on Oil Rush. :)

RabidRebel

TAC Moderator
Haha. But then I will not be able to wall bang them into oblivion. I guess I'll just have to settle for my C4 going for a fast ride on your drones...

RabidRebel

TAC Moderator
Sadly, replicating the technique isn't easy. We were able to put proxy mines on a drone, but not C4. Maybe further testing still result in death from above, but without a lot of practice, this is going to be a tough one to implement routinely. Oddly enough, there seems to be a bug where putting proxy mines on an enemy drone and then blowing them up results in the damage going to the drone pilot. Happens even if the drone is down.

Top Bottom