Battlefield V - Trailer and Release Info

Gator

TAC Member
TAC Member
Founder
Observations from Gator Gator
- Game is set in WWII
- No micro transactions ...earn new weapons, clothing, etc through simply playing the game
- New maps and new features will be added free of charge and continually supported beginning with the first new release in November
- No Premium Pass
- Create and dress you own character to make it unique
- Single player War Stories
- 4 man Coop
- Every soldier will be equipped with a toolbox which can rebuild buildings and other objects to refortify battlefield

Observations from RoadRunner RoadRunner
- Support class can build offensive fortifications, repair damaged fortifications and builds all fortifications faster. All other classes can only build defensive fortifications.
- No longer fully regen to 100% hp, you now need to find a med pack to heal to full. As an example if you take 90% damage you may only heal to 30% of your full life.
- You now have to interact with medic/ammo crates to receive healing or ammo.
- No more 3d spotting or shooting at floating orange triangles.
- Everyone has less ammo overall, but you can build supply depot fortifications at flags you own.
- No more revive trains, it now takes a few seconds to revive somebody as it goes through an animation.
- You can now drag your dead friends to cover to revive them.
- Any class can revive within a squad, but if you aren't a medic it takes much longer and you won't come back at full life.
- If you are dead you can pan your camera and call for help.
- No more visual recoil or random recoil. Each gun has a set recoil pattern you can learn.
- Bullet penetration, shooting people through walls.
- Sprinting while crouching.
- You can catch and throw back grenades, or shoot them out of the air.
- You can tow around stationary guns, and your buddy can use it while you tow it around.
- When you die, you can now see what your squad is doing before you spawn on them. Hopefully less spawning in to be instantly killed.
- Heavy weapon pickups, like BF4.
- No more elite classes or behemoths.
- Class, vehicle and gun specialization, sounds like a RPG game with skill trees.
- Skill trees will have "exotic" archetypes, specializing in something that you do very well. The example given was a Recon paratrooper that uses an SMG and silenced weapons, and throwing knives.
- Squads now earn points that the squad leader can use to call in things such as a V-1 rocket.

Observations from =CDU= Rogue Warrior =CDU= Rogue Warrior
- WWII Era
- German, British,
- Most Immersive Battlefield Experience
- Co-Op is back
- Gameplay modes pushed by shockwaves from explosions, high caliber rounds go through walls
- Gramd Operations, Co-op(Combined Arms)
- Models Church and streetcars from BF1(reskin)
- Single Player
- The Return of War Stories, Fortification System
- Flame Thrower? Tiquan Tank
- MG42
- Toolbox instead of BF1 Gas Mask, build fox holes, re-inforce buildings,
- The Company - Customize your soldiers, weapons, and vehicles
- NOT PAY TO WIN
- Premium Pass NO MORE
- Tides of War
- No Expansion Packs
- Launches October Fall of Europe Starts in November
- Towable AA you can use, V2 Rockets
- New Animations
- Launch OCTOBER 19th

Attachments

Last edited:

RoadRunner

TAC (Inactive)
TAC Member (Inactive)
Sounds like they are taking a lot of the things from past hardcore modes and putting it into the normal game. Here's some more info.

-Support class can build offensive fortifications, repair damaged fortifications and builds all fortifications faster. All other classes can only build defensive fortifications.
-No longer fully regen to 100% hp, you now need to find a med pack to heal to full. As an example if you take 90% damage you may only heal to 30% of your full life.
-You now have to interact with medic/ammo crates to receive healing or ammo.
-No more 3d spotting or shooting at floating orange triangles.
-Everyone has less ammo overall, but you can build supply depot fortifications at flags you own.
-No more revive trains, it now takes a few seconds to revive somebody as it goes through an animation.
-You can now drag your dead friends to cover to revive them.
-Any class can revive within a squad, but if you aren't a medic it takes much longer and you won't come back at full life.
-If you are dead you can pan your camera and call for help.
-No more visual recoil or random recoil. Each gun has a set recoil pattern you can learn.
-Bullet penetration, shooting people through walls.
-Sprinting while crouching.
-You can catch and throw back grenades, or shoot them out of the air.
-You can tow around stationary guns, and your buddy can use it while you tow it around.
-When you die, you can now see what your squad is doing before you spawn on them. Hopefully less spawning in to be instantly killed.
-Heavy weapon pickups, like BF4.
-No more elite classes or behemoths.
-Class, vehicle and gun specialization, sounds like a RPG game with skill trees.
-Skill trees will have "exotic" archetypes, specializing in something that you do very well. The example given was a Recon paratrooper that uses an SMG and silenced weapons, and throwing knives.
-Squads now earn points that the squad leader can use to call in things such as a V-1 rocket.

I have a feeling the RSP will still be meh like BF1, but with all the info that dropped I'll definitely be buying it. All my disappointment is gone after seeing things like the old conquest system, and the recoil fix. Should make the gunplay much better than BF1.

Last edited:

Kurinar

TAC Member
TAC Member
Active Donor
Here is some more information that maybe helps clarify or let you hear some of the bullet points above put into words. They are keeping a lot of details hush right now which as we all know can mean many things.

Interview by Jackfrags with Design Director, Dan Berlin over Battlefield V

Starter
OP
Gator

Gator

TAC Member
TAC Member
Founder
Did anyone else pay attention to the female soldier as having a mechanical prosthetic arm? I found that quite strange for that time period.

2018-05-25_8-26-04.png

RoadRunner

TAC (Inactive)
TAC Member (Inactive)
Not sure it was mechanical, unless i missed her moving it. It's just attached to her shoulder and she used it to steady her swing/aim. Reddit likes to over react. Battlefield likes to reach for those unknown or lesser used things and bring it into their games, the prosthetic is just another example of that. The teddy bear actually bothered me more than the woman's arm, but having a couple goofy customization options isn't going to break the game in my opinion, as long as they don't go even crazier. I'll put up with it for the sake of everyone not looking the same. We finally got character customization! woohoo!

EDIT: Okay after looking again, what are the weird wires on her arm? Mech arms are too far, maybe it's just for the war story and not a multiplayer customization. We can hope.

Last edited:

Axlerod

TAC Member
TAC Member
Founder
Remember this is a company with half ass promises.

There is no Premium in SWBF2. It is all free! Sounds great right? EA has abandoned it already. 1 DLC drop and they fullfilled their contract with the community.

EA/DICE has not mentioned anything about how big the DLC drops will be or how much it will be.
No mention of RSp or dedicated servers.

And no real game play footage to speak of. Cinematics of war stories is not real game play.

Yeah until I get serious answers, no money from me. Especially we the rumors I have heard there won't be any servers again. Yeah I will sit this one out and save my money.

Axlerod

TAC Member
TAC Member
Founder

Game Play footage of Alpha build for you.

Looks like Bf1 plus plays like call of Duty. Their words not mine.

NetRngr

TAC Member
TAC Member
Founder
Did anyone else pay attention to the female soldier as having a mechanical prosthetic arm? I found that quite strange for that time period.
Well the prosthetic arm is period accurate, women, especially if with the French Resistance, did fight a goodly bit, and I supposed that any weapon in a pinch will work. I mean I've brained my fair share of guys with a flippin frying pan so yeah What I have issues with is anyone missing limbs being effective in a combat role. That pushes the envelope on reality more than anything else for me.

NetRngr

TAC Member
TAC Member
Founder
Not sure it was mechanical, unless i missed her moving it. It's just attached to her shoulder and she used it to steady her swing/aim. Reddit likes to over react. Battlefield likes to reach for those unknown or lesser used things and bring it into their games, the prosthetic is just another example of that. The teddy bear actually bothered me more than the woman's arm, but having a couple goofy customization options isn't going to break the game in my opinion, as long as they don't go even crazier. I'll put up with it for the sake of everyone not looking the same. We finally got character customization! woohoo!

EDIT: Okay after looking again, what are the weird wires on her arm? Mech arms are too far, maybe it's just for the war story and not a multiplayer customization. We can hope.
The metal "phalanges" / hooks are spring loaded to give a sort of grip. Those are the torsion springs.
Similar to this:

Top Bottom