Sign in to follow this  
Axlerod

Swbf2 pay to play

Not only did they reduce the amount of credits needed to unlock the heroes, they reduced the amount of credits you earn BY THE SAME PERCENTAGE SO IT WILL STILL TAKE THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME.

What they're doing is the equivalent of you buying a car and being required to drive it for X amount of miles before you can use some of its features, such as the A/C, radio, windshield wipers, etc., OR, you can pay even more to have those features unlocked even though they already came with the car that you paid for.

Basically, they're making the heroes hard to unlock by regularly playing the game hoping that people will just take the easier route and pay to unlock them.

Good thing I wasn't going to get the game anyways.

AND progression is still based on RNG through loot crate drops so unless you want to drop a couple of hundred bucks you will progress exceedingly slowly. I didn't realize this mechanic in the beta when I played. I submitted several bug reports mentioning that I was not gaining skill through playing the different classes. It wasn't until I got a response that you had to buy the loot crates to progress. I was dumbfounded! I didn't realize you could find a job in the software coding arena while being a blithering idiot. Apparently I was incorrect. Sadly the Star Wars name will make it profitable as much as I hope it falls flat on its face. 

The fact that these "loot boxes" control you progression through the game as well as giving non cosmetic / game changing drops is quite possibly the definition of harmful to shooters. I swear these folks just make me wonder what kind of drugs they take. It's gotta be hella good shit.

Also they're saying it takes 40 hours to just unlock one hero, and there are several. So you might be playing the game for hundreds of hours before unlocking them all.

21 hours ago, NetRngr said:

The campaign is amazing and worth the base game purchase to play it and the bot modes, will have to check but apparently there is a bot mode you can play against and the AI is pretty damned good , again from what Im told. Still not enough to move it off my " Maybe On Sale" list but something to think about. 

I am sure it will be around somewhere  :shhhh:  I will Pass until it is $0.99 or less or in the Origin Vault!

They reduced the cost of the heroes, that should be included IMHO, by 75% yesterday after the shitstorm erupted. Still takes a while. Here is the followup video from the two guys I posted yesterday. These guys crack me up.

Westie makes some valid points in this video as to the ability for EA/DICE to generate skins and to why they have tied a lot of stuff into the crates:

That said and while I agree with a good bit of what he says here it is not an excuse. Hey I dig skins. I have bought keys to unlock PUBG boxes when the Gamescom boxes were out. I have over 3/4 of the available skins now I have spent maybe 5 bucks on key maybe a tad more but less than 10. Even with the reduced cost of the heroes you are talking a massive grind built into the game or at least 150-200 bucks to be able to equip and level characters/classes. That's just redonkulous.  

I get that there is very little that DICE can do visually to offer skins due to Disney and Lucas requiring everything to "fit" the universe. I understand "why" as well. Star Wars is a hugely profitable IP they dont want diluted. I'm pretty sure everyone with two braincells to rub together gets it. My issue is specifically with having progression in the classes tied to what star cards you have in your possession... NOT EQUIPPED in your possession for that class and the fact that these cards offer an advantage. If this was an MMO I would seriously be pretty meh on the subject as far as damage bonuses abilities etc. It is not an MMO however it's a shooter that relies on skill and stats. The minute you allow players to buy their way into boosted stats / abilities you have made the playing field very imbalanced. Its the equivalent of allowing a player to buy an SSR sniper in BF1. Its game breaking and a total shit ass money grab.

Star Cards would be fine if everyone had to earn the credits to boost abilities minutely through game play. By minutely i'm talking 2-5% MAX .25% at the lowest lvl. Being able to swap out one type of grenade for a different one. etc That would be acceptable.

Have the classes advance through actual playing of the class itself and base the credits earned on performance during the round not the time you are in the round and overall length of the round itself. Its all a huge time sink they have artificially added to the game to encourage players to spend real world cash. I was fine with the season pass model but I understand a good many were not. They have also added a poster pack to the store to get people to buy that as well trying to pump up sales.

While I may pick this up on sale just to play what i've been told is an amazing campaign I can honestly say I won't be supporting the pay to win features of the game for sure and may not play multiplayer at all.

I emailed Disney's games department about this as well as DICE/EA corporate, not that I expect anything to come of it, but I do feel better having done so.  As the video says Its a cryin shame because overall the game is visually stunning and I did enjoy playing it in beta. Also from what I have seen via videos the map design is some of the best I have seen in a shooter in a LONG time.

I heard the campaign is good and then I hear it only takes a few hours to complete. A good campaign should not be complete in a few hours so how good can it be?

Yeah I will not get this. I am waiting for EA stock to take the huge hit first before I be any EA games.

If the rumor mill is try, sales are down over 60% for this game. If this game does not do better that the first SWBF, DISNEY is pulling the Star Wars IP. That is going to cost EA billions of dollars. 

There are just to many strikes against SWBF2 for me to look into it. No server browser, no rental servers, no admins, no anti-cheat, no perma bans, no chat filters, no join on friends, no groups and this nonsense of pay to play. To many issues for a game that really has not launched openly to everyone yet. I don't think it will be popular by the first of the year in 1.5 months.

I'm tempted to use my 10 hour EA access trial just to see how it is. There's really no good multiplayer games out right now, BF1 is dropping pretty low until the next DLC comes out.

BF1 online: 9,468 (21,715 24HR)

BF4 online: 6,427 (13,564 24HR)