Axlerod

Current EA/DICE Info

16 hours ago, Axlerod said:

Umm, SWBF and BF1 are on the same engine as SWBF2 which mean BF2018 will be on the same current engine. Look for Pay to play. Pay to Win

FTFY

Well reading the article I came across this gem of bullshit...

“Making games is hard,” he said. “That’s not new, but it bears saying again because if anything, it’s getting more complex. But that’s what gets us up in the morning, we love it. We have amazingly talented people making games, and very powerful tools… but expectations are going up at an even faster rate. We see it when we talk to players. We see it in our own games, in the feedback people give us, and how they play. We see it from what other games people love…and which ones they don’t. There are a ton of factors.”

This would not be bullshit if they actually, you know "engaged" people other than certain YouTubers/Streamers. Basicly if you dont have a wildly popular YouTube or Twitch following You can tell these idiots exactly how to fix the game and it goes in one ear and out the other. They focus on things NO ONE has asked for and take resources away from the development of the fixes needed.

In the case of BF1 I and quite a few others have composed quite detailed documents and sent them to Indigowd and Tiggr laying out exactly why something does not work correctly and offering suggestions on how to fix it. We have given them detailed lists of what function are a minimal toolset for the RSP servers to make administration more intuitive. No one has even attempted to implement these nor even asked questions. We are aware they have either not read or considered these documents as we have purposefully place items that would require questions being asked inside them to see if they were actually read. If you notice on the CTE forum the group that was asking questions and providing feedback on the RSP from launch has essentially given up and uninstalled calling it a day.

Not sure if you guys are aware but I actually held a position many moons ago with EA. In ultima online I was a Senior Counselor on the Atlantic servers for Ultima Online. Basically an online version of Braddock in game. EA is a horrid place to work for. I can honestly say even though I never actually darkened the door at the place that if the corporate offices are anything like I experienced It was a shit show. I left there and did the same job for MS in Asheron's Call. Waaaay different environment and was a pleasure to pull shifts, even pull extra shifts, unlike UO where you basically did your shift and got off as quickly as possible.  

Honestly as soon as EA gets involved in anything that isn't a sports title on a console whatever company they swallow up ends up shedding all of its original talent that makes what they produce good and you are left with a husk that produces pretty shitty quality stuff. Yeah its great to have the deep pockets for development but when you sell your soul to the devil there is a payback that is required. You just have to be willing to pay that price.

• Like 1

Well you all see the info that I have recieved. The shit will hit the fan at DICE if or when the sales figures come out to DISNEY and they are not better than SWBF1. DICE and Ea are hoping the 5v5 incursions will be the new ESL league. LOL it is going to be another game mode that no one wants to play. They already shit down VISCERAL. DICE employees are running scared and leaving and no one is taking them up on their offer with 50 job openings.

Welp it looks like someone finally asked "WTF are you doing?"...

They are changing the way crates work before SWBF launch haha. Pretty sure that's gonna result in the progression being a hot mess for a while. Still on my "Maybe if it's deeply discounted " list but slightly higher than it was. We shall see when the changes are made if it's enough to pull their bacon outta the fire.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/79805/changes-to-progression-crates-star-cards#latest

EA Forums post about what they are doing.

After incorporating feedback from the Beta, we’re happy to share our plans for launch:

• Epic Star Cards, the highest tier of Star Cards available at launch, have been removed from Crates. To help keep everyone on a level playing field, these Star Cards will primarily be available through crafting, with the exception of special Epic Star Cards available through pre-order, deluxe, and starter packs.
  • You'll need to reach a certain rank to craft upgraded Star Cards. You won't be able to buy a bunch of Crates, grind everything up into crafting materials, and immediately use them to get super powerful Star Cards. You can only upgrade the ability to craft higher tier Star Cards by ranking up through playing the game.
  • Weapons are locked behind specific milestones. While a select few will be found in Crates, the rest can only be attained by play. Want to unlock a new weapon for your Heavy? Play as a Heavy and you’ll gain access to the class’s new weapons.
  • Class-specific gear and items can be unlocked by playing as them. As you progress through your favorite class, you’ll hit milestones granting you class-specific Crates. These will include a mix of Star Cards and Crafting Parts to benefit your class’s development.

This system, as well as all of the others, will be continually iterated on and improved. As we first announced at EA Play in June, we’re committed to keeping the community together. All upcoming weapons, maps, heroes, and vehicles introduced in Star Wars Battlefront II’s post-release content will be free so that players can play alongside friends as the world of Star Wars Battlefront II continues to grow. We know that the magic is in the balance, and we're going to make sure that we continue to make a game that is fun for everyone.

A couple news stories about what EA is up to.

EA to Acquire Respawn Entertainment

Leading Development Studio Brings Top Talent & Award-Winning Titanfall IP to EA’s Portfolio

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171109006677/en/EA-Acquire-Respawn-Entertainment

EA may no longer release 'Madden' or 'FIFA' every year

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/09/ea-may-skip-yearly-sports-releases/

Seems on par with their way of doing things. Have a company that has a semi successful launch, throw buckets of money at them, buy them out and fire anyone with creativity and talent and replace them with drones who make stupid choices, Rinse, Repeat.  

As to the above info I posted. Seems Reddit is losing their collective shit. Most of the hero's you would want to play in BFront2 are locked and must be purchased with credits. Not counting achievement rewards, it has been figured that if you buy no crates at all and simply squirrel away your credits earned through playing, which are time based not based on your skill in a match, it will take 40 hours of play to unlock ole Luke Skywalker at an astounding 60,000 credits alone. 

It seems that no matter what they do DICE/EA manage to step on their collective dicks at every turn. Oh and yeah you get credits for duplicate cards as well so I would assume it will have about the same rate of duplicates as BF1 does for skins, which is astounding. Lesson here kiddos is be careful what you wish for ... you may just get it. 

If this bullshit is carried over to BF2018 I have to say I will pretty much be done with BF all together.

• Like 1