Axlerod

Current EA/DICE Info

Apparently EA is seeing DLC sales numbers, and end users plummet since the 3 rd month of BF1 launch. Preorders for their new star wars game is down 60% on pc.. Someone at disney told EA they would be losing the star wars i.p for good if sales of the new battle front 2 game were worse than the first game.

EA has been shitting their pants for the last 9 months because they never planned on dealing with pc public hacks beyond what FF was already doing.. The source inside EA claims 5 ex hackers were employed for the last 9 months to rectify the problem, since sales have slumped so badly on dlc's. 

This came from an unknown source DICE employee

My advice to you guys, is not to piss around with public hacks at all, and if you don't know how to get around a rootkit client side scanner beyond November 17 2017 (SWBF2 Release), don't run any hacks at all unless you want an instant ban. EA focus groups found that perma banned players would 90% of the time re-buy the game and play it legit.. With only 10% not re-buying their product. IT might be put in to other EA games sometime later this month as a trial run..

This is good news for us. That was from the well to do hack group. EA is getting real worried.

• Like 1

In BF 2018 rumor news:

Sources close to Dice and EA state that there is a new Battlefield project underway called “Battlefield Unthinkable”. It is unclear if this will be the final name of the project but for now I will refer to it as “BFU”.

BFU is supposedly set in an alternate version of the 1960s where the cuban missile crisis escalates into nuclear war between the united states and the soviet union. From there players find themselves in a world war III set in the 1960s/70s using vietnam style equipment across the globe. Two missions that have been described are set in cuba during the united states invasion and west berlin during a soviet offensive.

Campaign moves away from “war stories” and focuses on a group of soldiers rather than an individual during three distinct campaigns. One multiplayer map has been described as havana during the 1960s and it is codenamed “havana_day”.

Operations are also rumored to be returning on a bigger scale with branching storylines for each operation. 64vs64 will also become available for PC players- no details on console users.

Overall the game has a very “fallout vibe” when it comes to the setting, like america during the 1950s/60s. You will be fighting on the american homefront as well which will be the first battlefield game to feature this since hardline.

This is not from any of my sources and sounds like black ops to me but hey we shall see "SOON".

• Like 1

wow kinda sounds like the new Wolfenstein but with a different set of bad guys. Ruskies instead of Nazis. As long as they fix the major fu*kups they slathered upon us with this BF I'll be GTG. Its really a shame that a BF with as much potential has become my least favorite BF.

I was think bfu sounded a lot like battlefield black ops 1 & 2.

I will really laugh if Disney pulls star wars from ea. Dice has over 50 job openings. I wonder why? 

What needs to happen to anyone that hacks with an ORIGIN Account, the account should be Banned....... If you own 10-15 games and get caught   BYE BYE to those GAMES!   I have lost my Faith in EA/DICE anymore..... That's why games like Ghost Recon and Hell Let Loose will be what I will be playing

Well according to the focus group, that is what will happen. No 3 day suspensions any more. That is the whole problem with Fairfight. It has no teeth. Its great at doing it's job of catching cheaters but EA/DICE hold the hammer on bans and they have refused to perma ban anyone fearing it would hurt their sales. Anyways, once the 5v5 incursion launches, expect the new system to get put into place a few months after that in BF1.

OK, it has gotten real. Shit is hitting the fan as we speak.

EA has shut down Visceral Games, the studio behind games like Battlefield Hardline and Dead Space, the publisher said today. The Star Wars game in development at Visceral will be revamped and move to a different studio.

“Our Visceral studio has been developing an action-adventure title set in the Star Wars universe,” EA’s Patrick Söderlund said. “In its current form, it was shaping up to be a story-based, linear adventure game. Throughout the development process, we have been testing the game concept with players, listening to the feedback about what and how they want to play, and closely tracking fundamental shifts in the marketplace. It has become clear that to deliver an experience that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come, we needed to pivot the design. We will maintain the stunning visuals, authenticity in the Star Wars universe, and focus on bringing a Star Wars story to life. Importantly, we are shifting the game to be a broader experience that allows for more variety and player agency, leaning into the capabilities of our Frostbite engine and reimagining central elements of the game to give players a Star Wars adventure of greater depth and breadth to explore.”

https://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-visceral-games-1819623990

Was just on a server and saw the automated FairFight ban message. This time is said "FairFight Has Issued 6217 Bans in 24 Hours". Really? According to BF1stats.com, in the last 24 hours there was a peak of around 26,500 PC players. Which means, if the FairFight ban message is ACTUALLY true, it would indicate that around 23%-24% of the PC players out there are cheating? Hmmmmm. Maybe it's not that far-fetched to think so.

During EA’s 2018 financials report, a lot of topics were touched upon, and one of them is the next Battlefield game from DICE! While the studio is hard at work onStar Wars Battlefront II, EA is already looking into the future, as is the norm when it comes to financial discussion, and it seems Battlefield 2018 is indeed a very real possibility,

EA executive Blake Jorgensen talked about the the publisher’s earnings and whatnot, and mixed in with all that, it was mentioned that the next Battlefieldgame will be released in fiscal 2019, which is between April 2018 and March 2019. 

"The core of our fiscal 2019 is a full slate of sports titles and their associated live services, plus new live services from Star Wars Battlefront II. We will add the next Battlefield game, and move into the action genre with Anthem. We expect our subscriber base to continue to grow, and for our new mobile titles to benefit from players looking for deeper experiences with higher production values."

Given the usual release schedule of the past Battlefield games, chances are high that we’ll see the next Battlefield title be released in its usual October release window. Unless EA decides to have it out during the first quarter of 2019, which is highly unlikely given the publisher would want its biggest game of the year to be released during the busy holiday, gift-giving season.

Umm, SWBF and BF1 are on the same engine as SWBF2 which mean BF2018 will be on the same current engine. Look for Pay to play.